I'm an avid baker, at times almost obsessive. And I guess this is one of those times, Christmas makes me want to bake =) I have lots of favorites that I make every year and I always try to find new recipes to try. This recipe is one that I've been wanting to try for a while but I thought it'd be a good Christmas cookie.
The cookies are easily made and contains cinnamon - and usually are cut out with a heart cookie cutter but I thought it would be kind of cool to use a foot cookie cutter and call them sandy feet, since they look exactly like a foot after being on the beach.
(makes about 40 cookies)
175 g /6.1 oz unsalted butter
1 dl / 0.4 cup sugar
1 egg yolk
4 dl / 1.7 cups all-purpose flour
Egg-wash + sugar and cinnamon mixture
- Cut the butter into cubes.
- Place the flour and sugar a blender or a mixer and add one cube of butter at a time until all the cubes are added and the dough is crumbly. Add the egg yolk and mix till the dough is throughly incorporated.
- Wrap the dough with some plastic and place in the fridge for 2 hours.
- Roll out the dough with a rolling pin, 2-3 mm thick. Cut out cookies with a cookie cutter of your choice.
- Place the "cookies" on a baking tin lined with a baking sheet.
- Egg wash each cookie and sprinkle with the sugar and cinnamon mixture.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven, 200 C / 394 F for 8 min.
- Cool on cooling rack and store in an airtight container.
Bilderna på denna blogg tillhör mig och får ej spridas utan lov.
All pictures are enlargable, click on them
Contact me at email@example.com .