fredag 2 februari 2007

Inori china in all its glory

The Japanese kitchen fascinates me. Not only is the food insanely tasty, but also it is beautiful to look at. And to compliment the beautiful food the china obviously has to be simple, but decorative, to not steal the show from the eye catching food. Therefore having white china is smart, white usually just makes you realize that the china exists but doesn't overtake. Also the shapes of the china also has to be clean and simple, such as circles or squares. Usually I would say that I prefer squared china but I have to say that I've changed my mind a little bit, since I visited Cleo's blog. Yesterday she wrote about this fantastic china from British Item. The china called Inori, which “prayer” or “invocation” in Japanese and usually the names of things don't really make sense, but I really understand this name. This piece is a one person 5 piece china set including a rice bowl, sushi platter, sauce dish, teacup and chopstick holder. These pieces then can be combined to create a perfect centerpiece that really draws your eyes attention. When the centerpiece is put together it is 28 cm high and I would think creates a nice illusion of oriental feel. The whole set will set you back about £65, so you would probably not have a whole set of 12.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 
Karoleen - Photographer © 2005-2011 All Rights Reserved.
Contact me at mail@karoleen.se .

Inga kommentarer:

Related Posts with Thumbnails